1. THINK PRAYER. If you have to work or go to school during Holy Week, think about how you can incorporate prayer breaks into each day.
2. MAKE AN ADDITIONAL SACRIFICE by fasting and abstaining from meat on Holy Thursday and Holy Saturday in addition to Good Friday.
3. DON’T WATCH TELEVISION from sundown on Holy Thursday until Easter morning.
4. GO to confession.
5. SET ASIDE 10 minutes every day to read Passion accounts in the Gospels.
6. Make it a point to FORGIVE someone on Good Friday.
7. PRAY the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary.
8. OFFER UP any pain or difficulties you experience during Holy Week and unite your sufferings with the pain of Christ.
9. PRAY the Stations of the Cross.
10. ATTEND all of the Triduum liturgies.
11. INVITE family members, friends and neighbors — especially people who have strayed from the church — to come to church with you.
12. VOLUNTEER to help decorate your parish on Holy Saturday for Easter.
Ideas for making the most of Holy Week
March 30, 2012 by joyfulpapist